What is being discussed about TPS now?

Winter Garden, FL |

I'm currently on tps and I would to know if there's a dicussion of renewing it again. And also are they considering giving permanent basis on that status in the future?

1. Paste the following link on your browser for current countries designated for TPS. TPS by itself has never led to legal permanent residency and I do not anticipate any change. Good luck. htp://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=848f7f2ef0745210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=848f7f2ef0745210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. Any discussions would be within the government and we therefore would not be privy to them.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. My colleagues are correct. I suggest that you keep informed via the USCIS website and get expert advice from an experienced immigration attorney.

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

4. Sorry, TPS does not and probably will never lead to permanent residency. It is important that you maintain your status if you plan to have a relative or employer sponsor you for a green card.

5. My colleagues have provided excellent comments. My only addition is related to the possibility of country specific regulation that will permit benefits more than tps to be provided. There is no way to predict any future action cocnerning TPS, but the always exists hope. In the past Congress did enable those who had been farmworkers for a certain numebr of seasons in US be granted the limited right to request permanent residency.

If your current TPS status is derived from the Haitian regulations, there exists a strong lobby in Florida and other states to have there be more status available. My suggestion is to watch the USCIS website of any news and not rely on the Haitian media or abagados who will use hopes to take money.

passe bon journey

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.