What is being discussed about TPS now?

Asked over 2 years ago - Winter Garden, FL

I'm currently on tps and I would to know if there's a dicussion of renewing it again. And also are they considering giving permanent basis on that status in the future?

1. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

8

Answered . My colleagues are correct. I suggest that you keep informed via the USCIS website and get expert advice from an experienced immigration attorney.

2. Javier G Pineda

9

Answered . Paste the following link on your browser for current countries designated for TPS. TPS by itself has never led to legal permanent residency and I do not anticipate any change. Good luck. htp://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c...

3. J Charles Ferrari

8

Answered . Any discussions would be within the government and we therefore would not be privy to them.

4. Wendy Renee Whitt

7

Answered . Sorry, TPS does not and probably will never lead to permanent residency. It is important that you maintain your status if you plan to have a relative or employer sponsor you for a green card.

5. C. C. Abbott

5

Answered . My colleagues have provided excellent comments. My only addition is related to the possibility of country specific regulation that will permit benefits more than tps to be provided. There is no way to predict any future action cocnerning TPS, but the always exists hope. In the past Congress did enable those who had been farmworkers for a certain numebr of seasons in US be granted the limited right to request permanent residency.

If your current TPS status is derived from the Haitian regulations, there exists a strong lobby in Florida and other states to have there be more status available. My suggestion is to watch the USCIS website of any news and not rely on the Haitian media or abagados who will use hopes to take money.

passe bon journey