What is average sentence for simple possession of less than 1 gram of cocaine? no priors

Clearwater, FL |

what is average sentence for simple possession of less than 1 gram of cocaine? no priors

1. It is difficult to answer without more information. You are looking at a maximium sentence of five years prison. However, a criminal defense lawyer may be able to get your charge reduced, keep you out of prison or perhaps get your charge dropped completely!

I practice criminal defense in Clearwater and I would be happy to answer any more questions you may have about the case. Feel free to see my website below.

Good luck,
    727.286.6141

2. If you have no prior criminal history, you may be eligible for a first offender program like pretrial diversion, pretrial intervention, or drug court. Most counties in Florida have a diversion program for first time offenders for a simple cocaine possession charge. If you successfully complete the diversion program, then the criminal charges are typically dismissed against you. You may then be eligible for an expungement. Please check out our website where we provide more information regarding diversion programs and drug charges.