What is asylum processing time ?????

Houston, TX |
Filed under: Political asylum

hi ,,, plz i need to know what is going on with my asylum case as i had the interview on 13 of nov. 2012 and its still pending on inquiry i did today in asylum office of houston ,,,,, and what is the expected outcome as percentage ??? plz im soooooo worried as some ppl had the interview after me and they got approved

There is not definite time after the interview to receive your final decision. The good news is that you should be eligible to file for an EAD for work after 150 days have elapsed since your I-589 acceptance by the AO.
Also, there is absolutely not a soul who could give you a percentage of the outcome as each asylum case is uniquely distinctive and the USCIS AO will review it on its merits, credibility, corroboration and the testimony given during the interview.
Please understand that asylum relief is not automatic and must meet very specific statutory criteria. Despite what other people received, your case is unique and will be considered on merits in due time.
If everything else fails, seek assistance from your attorney of record.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

Recommended articles about Immigration