What is asylum processing time ?????

Asked about 1 year ago - Houston, TX

hi ,,, plz i need to know what is going on with my asylum case as i had the interview on 13 of nov. 2012 and its still pending on inquiry i did today in asylum office of houston ,,,,, and what is the expected outcome as percentage ??? plz im soooooo worried as some ppl had the interview after me and they got approved

1. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . There is not definite time after the interview to receive your final decision. The good news is that you should be eligible to file for an EAD for work after 150 days have elapsed since your I-589 acceptance by the AO.
    Also, there is absolutely not a soul who could give you a percentage of the outcome as each asylum case is uniquely distinctive and the USCIS AO will review it on its merits, credibility, corroboration and the testimony given during the interview.
    Please understand that asylum relief is not automatic and must meet very specific statutory criteria. Despite what other people received, your case is unique and will be considered on merits in due time.
    If everything else fails, seek assistance from your attorney of record.