What is and what happens after a appraisal of a civil suit settlement?

Porterdale, GA |
Filed under: Class action

what is and what happens after a appraisal of a civil suit settlement?

1. Appraisals are usually done to value real property. A civil settlement doesn't get appraised, so I have no idea what you're trying to ask.

I'm only licensed in CA. Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. If there is a settlement in a civil class action, notice will be approved by the court and distributed to the class members. The notice will apprise the class members about the allegations in the case, the definition of the class and who falls within it, the settlement relief, i.e. the remedy that will be awarded to the class members including whether the class members need to affirmatively do something like submit a claim in order to be included in the class; preferably there will be automatic relief, meaning the class member does not need to do anything to be included in the class. The notice will also tell the class members what they need to do to be excluded from the class, object, ask questions, etc. It will also give general knowledge about the court where the case is filed, the attorneys, etc. There is a lot more information typically contained within class notice but hopefully that gives you some general knowledge about what to expect.

The information provided on this website by my answer to this question does not constitute legal advice. This website is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Evans Law Firm or any of its attorneys. An attorney-client relationship is not created except when the prospective client and the Evans Law Firm enter into a written, contractual agreement for representation. Inquiries and responses by email do not constitute an attorney-client relationship. You should not rely on the information provided on the website without seeking the advice of an attorney licensed to practice in law in your state. Further, the information on this website is not guaranteed to be accurate, correct, complete, or up to date and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Evans Law Firm or any of its attorneys. For more information about The Evans Law Firm, please see www.evanslaw.com.

Class action topics