What is an attorneys compensable value of a 210k estate

Panama City, FL |

what is an attorneys compensable value of a 210k estate

Pursuant to the statute a fee of 3% is presumed reasonable, which is $6,300. They are allowed to charge more for extraordinary services, such as closing the sale of real property, or preparing an estate tax return. See Florida Statute 733.6171

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me at 954-567-4100. Also, if you liked this answer did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button

I completely agree with the prior attorney's answer. However, if it is a relatively simple estate, keep in mind that you may find an attorney to handle it for a lower fee than 3%. If that may be the case, you could talk to 2 or 3 lawyers to see if anyone would handle it for a any less than 3%. However, if it is at all complex, in my experience, a 3% attorney fee on a $200K estate is a relative bargain to the estate.

The above is not legal advice. That can only come from a qualified attorney who is familiar with all the facts and circumstances of a particular, specific case and the relevant law.

Also-some attorneys are willing to charge by the hour or a flat fee.
My firm will usually set a flat fee after looking at the assets in the estate.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Tax law topics

Recommended articles about Tax law