What is an attorneys compensable value of a 210k estate

Panama City, FL |

what is an attorneys compensable value of a 210k estate

Pursuant to the statute a fee of 3% is presumed reasonable, which is $6,300. They are allowed to charge more for extraordinary services, such as closing the sale of real property, or preparing an estate tax return. See Florida Statute 733.6171 http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2012/733.6171

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me at 954-567-4100. Also, if you liked this answer did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button

I completely agree with the prior attorney's answer. However, if it is a relatively simple estate, keep in mind that you may find an attorney to handle it for a lower fee than 3%. If that may be the case, you could talk to 2 or 3 lawyers to see if anyone would handle it for a any less than 3%. However, if it is at all complex, in my experience, a 3% attorney fee on a $200K estate is a relative bargain to the estate.

The above is not legal advice. That can only come from a qualified attorney who is familiar with all the facts and circumstances of a particular, specific case and the relevant law.

Also-some attorneys are willing to charge by the hour or a flat fee.
My firm will usually set a flat fee after looking at the assets in the estate.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Tax law topics