What is an appropriate answer when asked "What is the relationship between a son-in-law and a dead mother-in-law?

Asked 11 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

This is a case of a decedent estate with no will and very few relatives alive. A dead mother-in-law to a living son-in-law, did their relationship ended with the death of the mother-in-law?

1. Justin Eric Elder

Pro

8

Best Answer

Answered . There is probably no legal relationship. However, if you have children, they would be heirs of their grandmother.

2. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

6

Answered . As far an inheritance?
    Is your wife living?
    Anyone in blood line would have preference.

3. Steven M Zelinger

Pro

6

Answered . I'm not really sure the context of this. You are the parent of her grandkids if there are any? You are marrried to the decedent's daugther? I'm not being smart I just don't know who's asking and for what purpose - the relationship is defined by the word son-in-law.