What is after the I-797 Notice of Action?

Elk Grove Village, IL |

We have received the I-751 Receipt Notice saying my husband's status has been extended for a period of one year. With this notice he can still work and travel. It says we will receive the appointment for the fingerprints, photo and signature.
Is this mean it was already approved and the form was completed with everything we sent? :)

1. What type of form/petition did you file?

Abed A. Ayoub, Esq. 1-888-5060-LAW (529)

2. Not sure what type of application was filed. Likely it means that it was approved. It is usually a sort of "pre-letter," informing you of the decision on the application. An approval notice is usually what is sent if something is approved, together with whatever the benefit applied for (i.e. if it was for employment, your employment authorization card, etc.).

This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

3. No. It means what it says. Not a bit more.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

4. It is not clear what type of Petition/Application have you filed; however, it seems that you filed I-751 Petition and received a letter of extension of CR1 status fro another year until the case is being processed.. If so, it merely means that your case is under review and is being processed. You may receive evidence request or an approval notice if all goes well.
    Best wishes,

Note: Our main area of practice is U.S. Immigration Law with focus on Removal, Deportation, Asylum, Employment Visas, Non-immigrant Visas (H1B/L1/J1), Immigration Bond matters, Criminal Immigration and other complex Immigration matters and related Federal Court litigation. This communication, though, does not constitute “legal advice” nor does it form an attorney-client relationship.

5. No, the information does not state that the I-751 has been approved. It is now in the adjudication phase, where the information and evidence you submitted is being considered. Some I-761s are approved based on the submission, while others , are scheduled for an interview. You will be notified either way.

The herein content is for general informational purposes only, and may be predicated on incomplete facts. It should not be relied upon in making legal decisions or assessing your legal rights or risks. Neither does the herein reply create an attorney-client relationship.