What is after the I-797 Notice of Action?

Asked 10 months ago - Elk Grove Village, IL

We have received the I-751 Receipt Notice saying my husband's status has been extended for a period of one year. With this notice he can still work and travel. It says we will receive the appointment for the fingerprints, photo and signature.
Is this mean it was already approved and the form was completed with everything we sent? :)

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . No. It means what it says. Not a bit more.

2. Abed Al-Hamid Ayoub

4

Answered . What type of form/petition did you file?

Abed A. Ayoub, Esq. 1-888-5060-LAW (529)
  3. Ajay Singh

3

Answered . It is not clear what type of Petition/Application have you filed; however, it seems that you filed I-751 Petition and received a letter of extension of CR1 status fro another year until the case is being processed.. If so, it merely means that your case is under review and is being processed. You may receive evidence request or an approval notice if all goes well.
    Best wishes,

4. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

2

1

Answered . Not sure what type of application was filed. Likely it means that it was approved. It is usually a sort of "pre-letter," informing you of the decision on the application. An approval notice is usually what is sent if something is approved, together with whatever the benefit applied for (i.e. if it was for employment, your employment authorization card, etc.).

5. Aggie Rachel Hoffman

1

1

Answered . No, the information does not state that the I-751 has been approved. It is now in the adjudication phase, where the information and evidence you submitted is being considered. Some I-761s are approved based on the submission, while others , are scheduled for an interview. You will be notified either way.