What is ab 109 court flash warrant?

Van Nuys, CA |

van nuys superior court, California, there have been some lapd cops harnessing my friend john on the streets. today he went to court, john is waiting to get called wen he sees one of the cops that are harrassing him go and talk to the DA,then right after they call his case. They say to come back on june ? because his lawyer is not there.as he is exiting the court room, those lapd cops arrest him saying he has a flash warrant so the lapd cops walk him out the court building to the police station and send him to county jail.hes bailed 2 times,been pulled over and no warrants have came up.SO WHAT IS A AB 109 COURT FLASH WARRANT ? also WHY DID LAPD ARREST HIM AND NOT THE SHERIFFS? Y TAKE HIM TO THE STATION TO BE SENT TO THE COUNTY JAIL FOR HOUSING?

Under realignment reforms people may be put on post release community supervision rather than traditional probation. A penalty for violating the terms of your PRCS is a flash incarceration which amounts to 10 days in county. That appears to be what happened here.

LAPD may have arrested your friend on the flash warrant because the LAPD Fugitive Unit may have been doing an operation there. Often, the LAPD gets federal grant money to conduct those operations.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
Southern California Criminal Defense Attorney
(310) 707-7131
www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.