Skip to main content

What is a walking warrant and can i go to jail?

Allentown, PA |

I am on probation in PA. and I was removed
from my drug and alcohol program due to a conflict with the counciler now I have a walking warrant no new charges. Will I go to jail? My P.O said I will have to see the judge for this. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Attorney Answers 6

  1. There is a likelihood of jail, therefore it is in your best interest to retain an experienced criminal defense attorney immediately. Good luck.

  2. Sounds like your po discovered you left treatment and now there is a warrant. You probably will be detained until your violation hearings call Gagnon hearings. The po will make a recomendation for a sentence and you will need an attorney to fight for no jail time or less than the po and ADA want. If you cannot afford an attorney, apply for public defense.

  3. Removal from a drug and alcohol program is a violation of your probation.

    You should two things right away. First, get an experienced criminal defense attorney familiar with the probation process in your county. Second, get into another drug and alcohol program that can fulfill the rules of your probation. A judge is more likely to give you the benefit of any doubts he or she might have if you pro-actively get into another program.

  4. Are you sure it is not a "walk in" warrant/ If it is a walk in warrant you will not be detained before your PV hearing. However, that does not mean you cannot be detained if you are found in violation of your probation conditions. I suggest you immediately get yourself an experienced lawyer if you don't have one already, and get yourself back into a D & A program that is recognized by your probation office. Good luck.

  5. new term to me. I would get, or stay sober, lawyer up, and get before the judge before this thing gets worse.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics