What is a supplement motion to revoke probation?

Highland Heights, KY |

Friend received a paper that said supplement of motion to revoke probation, and another cell mate had the same thing written, but also stated motion to revoke probation. What does it mean by supplement of motion to revoke probation? Has to do with violation of probation but he never caught any new charges neither did he come back with any dirty drug tests at all. He has had 3 violations of probation, one that had actually put him into a rehab facility and 2 were the rehab facility dismissing him because of manipulation they said.

1. A motion to revoke is a notice of the intention of the Commonwealth to revoke a probated sentence due to a violation of the terms of probation. A supplemental motion to revoke is a notice of additional grounds upon which the prosecutor will rely upon in support of the original motion and the original grounds stated therein. The defendant needs a criminal defense attorney ASAP to defend the motions.

www.kacdl.net

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

2. Supplemental is a second affidavit generally claiming newer violations than the original motion to revoke. He needs to hire a good criminal defense attorney. You can call my office for consultation if case is Campbell County or elsewhere in Northern Kentucky.

Kentucky law does not certify specialty of practice in this area. The advice given herein is informational and should not be considered as creating an attorney/client relationship. Michael Bouldin is an independent attorney located in Northern Kentucky. It is strongly recommended to not give any confidential information on any website.