What is a special set hearing ? What is the purpose for it? Who can request a special set hearing?

Dallas, TX |

I have a Modification of Parent Child relationship Trail in a few months. I looked on the County website to review all the latest information and to make sure nothing new was uploaded that I did not know about. There was something referring to a Special Set. What is that? Why have I not received any information about it?

1. Courts will schedule a hearing as a special setting to ensure they have time to hear the matter. A regular docket has multiple cases at one time. Yes, as a party in the case you should have been notified.

Disclaimer:The answer provided is for informational purposes only. It should not be relied upon as specific legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Information should not be acted upon without seeking professional legal counsel. Attorney Stevens can be contacted for a consultation at 888-908-6296 or tdstevens@tdstevenslaw.net

2. A special set hearing means that your hearing is the only hearing set before the court on that date and time. Hearings are sometimes set on a general docket, where a number of cases are set on the same date and time, meaning that the court may not have time to hear all the cases set and some will have to be continued. I don't have enough information to answer qhy you have not been notified of the setting.