What is a settlement conference hearing?

Fresno, CA |
Filed under: Civil motions

Or a settlement agreement hearing I can't remember exactly what it's called, in a felony case

It is a conference scheduled by the court where they try to see if the parties can settle. You need to filed a settlement brief at least a week before the hearing. The settlement brief outlines your case, your client's weaknesses and amount that you are willing to settle for, if any.

The above is not legal advice. It is an illustration of options that can be used in certain situations. I have not examined all of your facts, if I did I might provide a different response.

I'm a bit confused by your question, since you list it under civil, but talk about a felony case, which implies criminal.

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs.

Civil motions topics