What is a second master hearing in immigration court?

Cottage Grove, WI |

I had the master hearing but they give me a second Notice to Appear master hearing

1. Usually it is to get an update on case or file for relief . Judge will want you to hire a lawyer or answer to the charges on the NTA

Hire a lawyer, the government has lawyers to send you home, you need one to help you

www.immigrate2usa.com

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

2. It depends on the facts of the case. It could be because you are being given an opportunity to get an attorney, which you definitely need to do. It could be to give you an opportunity to file for whatever relief you qualify for. It could be because you need an interpreter and one was not available, etc.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. I agree with my colleagues, it depends on the facts of your case. Set up a consultation with an immigration attorney as soon as possible so they can review the allegations on the NTA and advise you as to any forms of relief you may be eligible for.

4. The second master calendar hearing was likely granted because the Judge told you get legal advice/a lawyer. If you come with a lawyer or you don't, the judge will want you to answer the allegations on your Notice To Appear and tell him any possible reliefs you will be pursuing so as to not be deported.

Best,

Khaja Din, Esq.

Free Consultation For Your Immigration & Deportation Issues.

5. Master hearing is set up to respond to the allegations contained in the NTA and address preliminary matters like retention of an immigration attorney. You should hire a professional if you care about your case.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 101, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

6. There are many different reasons for cases being Masters or Individuals or Merits. You have to have someone help you. Master hearings are short hearings where many people appear in court at the same time. You can have many Master hearings until the Judge feels you are ready to argue your case or needs to have quiet time to deal with your case. The fact that you have a second Master hearing means nothing.