Skip to main content

What is a Party Complainant to Disorderly Conduct Mean?

Chardon, OH |

I'm looking up details of charges my ex had I'm in a custody battle with. One of the charges I'm not sure what exactly he did. Says he is a party complainant-not sure what that is and this is what it reads for the charge. The defendent is my ex's mother's boyfriend so curious if they got into a verbal or physical fight or what exactly this means. These are some of the details:

Just curious if anyone can explain what this all means. My ex had a DV and this and other charges yet the court does not seem to care of his violent tendencies

This is a link to the charge:

Attorney Answers 2

  1. That term has been used to say that a person is a part of an action and that person was the complaining party, or that one that called law enforcement and made the complaint.

  2. Disorderly conduct is a catch all in Ohio. It is something people often plead down to. Instead of yourself doing the research in the custody battle in an attempt to mud sling to show he is a bad guy you should hire a good family attorney who can make the legal arguments and requests that are needed. The risk in these cases of trying to do it yourself is huge and you could end up losing your kid(s). Save yourself the trouble and extra costs in the future and hire an attorney and do it right the first time. Good luck.
    Dayton Area Criminal Defense Attorney

    The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics