What is a parenting time plan for an absence parent that is in the best interest of my daughter?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Indianapolis, IN

My daughter's father has been gone for 1 1/2 yrs in Mexico & now he is back into the US. It is in my daughter's best interest to gradually get back into the routine prior to his absence. We have both agreed to every other Saturday until she feels comfortable to slowly add on more days & then nights to get back to how it was prior. It has been 2 months & she is ready to add another day on, but he is wanting to add on another day and night. I don't feel like she is ready for nights at this time. He is threatening to take me to court to get full custody of her(he is threatening in front of her). I needs advice on what I should do? What is a good parenting time plan that is in the best interest of my daughter? My lawyer told me every 2-3 months add a day until it is back to the old routine.

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

2

Answered . Follow your lawyer's advice. This is not a good forum to second guess the advice your lawyer gives. Why? Because your lawyer knows all the detail, the local courts, the judges, etc... All anyone online can read is your short paragraph about the facts.

Follow your lawyer's advice.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now