Skip to main content

What is a order of partition? Is that the correct term?

Augusta, NJ |

I am a 50% owner of a condo and want to get out of this deal.

Attorney Answers 1


I am unsure what you mean by "deal." If you already own the property, and the other owner does not want to sell and does not want to buy you out, you need to go to Court and see a "partition" of the property. That is when a Judge orders the property be sold and the proceeds split equally. If you are under contract to purchase the property, you need to speak with your attorney to see if you can get out of the contract.

If you think this post was helpful, please check the “like” button below! NOTE: This answer is made is for advisory and/or educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site, or posting a question and obtaining an answer, you understand that no attorney-client relationship is being established between you and the answering attorney, and there is no attorney-client privilege between you and the attorney. You should consult with a licensed professional attorney in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. The information provided in this answer is designed to be general in nature and is based on the facts stated in your question, and might change based on further information.

Mark as helpful

Real estate topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics