What is a notice of Lodgement?

Asked over 3 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I have a Temporary Restraining Order on my son's father and I need to add declarations of his criminal record and his prior TRO's with 2 other women!....How can make these documents admissable in court? Do i need a notice of Lodgment or will the declaration work fine.

1. Pamela Koslyn

Answered . Get certified copies from the court that issued these documents, and submit them with a document called Request for Judicial Notice. Cite to Evidence Code section 452, which allows a court to review orders documents filed in other courts.

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.