Skip to main content

What is a no probable cause warrant? Charges Domestic Terrorist & 2 assault w/deadly weapon. How do I handle this?

Olivehurst, CA |

They brought SWAT to my home on my ex-gf word @ a gas station. I was in jail & released after 5 days (2 days sat & sun). I didn't get to see the judge, I was released told free to go with no charges. I started work out of state then found out the prosecuter picked up charges. I called their office & was told there was no probable cause. Lost my job cause of it. The alleged offense occured in May 2010, I can't afford council with no job so I've been stuck in this predicament since 2010.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You are pretty confused about your situation, as there is no such thing as "a no probable cause warrant" and there is no such charge as "Domestic Terrorist." If you are facing criminal charges and you can't afford counsel, the court will appoint counsel to represent you. You should call the court and find out if there are any warrants out for your arrest and what, if any, charges are pending. Then you have to decide whether you want to turn yourself in or continue to live with those outstanding warrants. Good luck to you.


I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I recommend that you check with your local public defender's office and/or Bar Association to see if there is a program set up to help people clean their records. You may qualify for relief that will make your record better such as a finding of factual innocence.

Good luck to you.


I tend to agree with bith Mr. Flores and Mr. Pullman. My concern is whether or not any of this was in federal court. If so, the attorney you should see is a federal criminal defense attorney.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.


I am afraid it is difficult to determine what, exactly, your situation is based on your question. What I can tell is that you have a situation that needs to be looked in to. If you cannot afford an attorney, contact the public defender in your old county, or the Federal Defender if it was a federal investigation.

SLG Criminal Law Group
515 South Flower Street
36th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer