What is a motion to accelerate a defered sentence?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Oklahoma City, OK

I was on five years unsupervised probation. I violated that probation and got arrested. Now the court has filed a motion to accelerate. What am I facing if the motion goes through.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Scott D Harris


    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can be sentence to anything that is within the penalty range of the original crime. When you pled, you were found guilty and the judge withheld sentencing. The motion to accelerate is asking the court to move up your sentencing date. Normally, if the new crime is filed in the same jurisdiction you can usually work a deal to include both cases.

Related Topics

Employment-based immigrant visas

Employment-based immigration visas are divided into five types of visas (EB-1 through EB-5), each of which have different requirements.

Randy Marvin Spiro

Changing a Beneficiary

Request copy of old beneficiary form and a blank beneficiary form. Call the bank, broker, employer or insurance company and ask them to send you a copy of the beneficiary designation form... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,465 answers this week

2,987 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,465 answers this week

2,987 attorneys answering