What is a motion to accelerate a defered sentence?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Oklahoma City, OK

I was on five years unsupervised probation. I violated that probation and got arrested. Now the court has filed a motion to accelerate. What am I facing if the motion goes through.

1. Scott D Harris

Pro

2

Answered . You can be sentence to anything that is within the penalty range of the original crime. When you pled, you were found guilty and the judge withheld sentencing. The motion to accelerate is asking the court to move up your sentencing date. Normally, if the new crime is filed in the same jurisdiction you can usually work a deal to include both cases.