What is a felony speeding ticket and what are possible consequences

Asked over 5 years ago - Glendale, AZ

my boyfriend got pulled over because he was doing 60mph in a 35mph and got a felony speeding ticket and has to go to court what would happen to him.

and the cop that pulled him over say he could do about 5 days in jail would this really happen he's only 20 years old. Please put a list of thing that could happen for both thank you!!!

1. Hamid Jabbar

1

9

Answered . Most likely he was cited under ARS 28-701.02, which is excessive speed. It's not a felony, but is a class 3 misdemeanor punishable by up to 30 days in jail and a fine. I've handled quite a few of these and have never had a client get jail time, but obviously each case is different.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

5

Best Answer

Answered . Far too many sentencing variables exist. High speed over limit. Aggravating factors. Age of offender. Prosecutor discretion.

Have your friend follow this observation -->>
    Check with your lawyer and then even he or she can only suggest to you possible ranges of sentences. If you do not have a lawyer and cannot afford one a lawyer will be appointed to you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an atttorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

3. Edgardo Rafael Baez

1

3

Answered . I never heard of a felony speeding ticket.