What is a fair budget for a divorce in Norfolk County

Asked about 3 years ago - Needham, MA

No real child support issues, the college fund is fully funded and we have two houses? He makes good money, I work part time?

1. 11

29

Best Answer

Answered . A fair budget is anywhere from $1000 for a joint petition that is walked into court and offered to the judge- that is where everything is agreed in advance to a slightly contested matter of only one or two items of disagreement $1500-$3500 to contested and trial which could be anwhere in the high five figure range to six figures if experts and the marital estate warrant such a fight. Good luck and take care.

2. 8

1

Answered . I agree with attorney Kinder, but would clarify: $3K to $6K if you settle before trial preparations begin. If you settle on the morning of trial or go forward to trial, you can count on at least double that amount.

3. 7

Answered . From what you've provided so far, if you can key the separation as amicable and civil as possible, the process could be completed for relatively short money. It depends how you both approach all of the issues, I.e. child support, division of assets, alimony (if applicable). If you both can agree on these amounts, after full financial disclosure, I would estimate between $3,000.00 to $6,000.00. Best of luck to you. Thee amounts are contingent on the parties' behavior during the process.

4. 7

Answered . Building off of Attorney Kinder's response, it depends how you approach a divorce. If the parties are able to communicate and agree on most issues each parties' attorney would need to spend between 10 - 15 hours drafting and reviewing a separation agreement as well as preparing the necessary documents for a 1A divorce. If the matter is contentious and the parties are taking an adversarial approach, then it is difficult to estimate.

A GOOD RULE OF THUMB: the less the parties can agree then the more legal time will be required, more legal time will result in higher attorney's fees.

5. 5

Answered . No such thing.

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- attorneylebensbaum@verizon.net (978) 749-3606.
    Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.