What is a domestic relations financial affidavit used for?

Mcdonough, GA |

I was mailed one by my exboy friend of 10 yrs who I split from. WE have three small children but we do have a court ordered amount of $1159 he is to pay monthly.

The purpose of a Domestic Relations Financial Affidavit is to disclose your financial information (monthly income, monthly expenses, and assets) to the other party in a domestic matter. As is implied in my answer, it is usually submitted as a part of a legal family law matter. I cannot fathom why your ex is sending it if there is not a pending litigation between you.

~ Kem Eyo

The above answer is a general explanation of legal rights and procedures. It does not constitute legal advice. Nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship between the individual posting the question and the attorney providing the answer.

Thank you sooooo very much for your answer. It didn't make much sense to me either we have court ordered childsuopport and we were never married. Bless his heart, thanks again for your speedy reply.

A domestic relations financial affidavit is used to inform the court as to the financial status of parties in a family law case where child support, alimony or the division of marital property is at issue. It shows income, expenses, and assets. It usually is used when there is a case pending. I don't know why your ex would send one to you under these circumstances, unless there is child support modification coming your way.

Nothing contained herein shall be considered or construed as creating an attorney client relationship between the party asking the question and the attorney. All legal problems are different. The answer given is only a general response based upon the facts provided and should not be considered specific advice for your case. Always contact a lawyer for advice about your particular circumstances and issues.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody