What is a domestic relations financial affidavit used for?

Asked over 2 years ago - Mcdonough, GA

I was mailed one by my exboy friend of 10 yrs who I split from. WE have three small children but we do have a court ordered amount of $1159 he is to pay monthly.

1. Ikemesit Amajak Eyo

1

1

Answered . The purpose of a Domestic Relations Financial Affidavit is to disclose your financial information (monthly income, monthly expenses, and assets) to the other party in a domestic matter. As is implied in my answer, it is usually submitted as a part of a legal family law matter. I cannot fathom why your ex is sending it if there is not a pending litigation between you.

~ Kem Eyo

2. David A. Canale

Pro

1

Answered . A domestic relations financial affidavit is used to inform the court as to the financial status of parties in a family law case where child support, alimony or the division of marital property is at issue. It shows income, expenses, and assets. It usually is used when there is a case pending. I don't know why your ex would send one to you under these circumstances, unless there is child support modification coming your way.