What is a DL-21C form for?

Asked about 3 years ago - Pittsburgh, PA

I got a non-traffic citation and on my record (online) it says that a DL-21C has been issued?
the judge said I wouldn't have a suspension or anything. was wondering what that form is for.

1. Brian S Wayson

Best Answer

Answered . internet connection + search engine + keyboard = your friend.

DL-21 refers to a Form. It is the form the clerk of a court of record of Pennsylvania sends to the Department of transportation regarding judgment of conviction, acquittal or other disposition of charges under 75 Pa.C.S. (relating to vehicle code) . It should be sent within 10 days after final judgment of conviction or acquittal or other disposition of charges. A record of the judgment shall also be forwarded to the Department, on Form DL-21, upon conviction or acquittal of a person of a felony in the commission of which the judge determines that a motor vehicle was essentially involved.

2. Brian S Wayson

Answered . well c'mon then, you come across as smart enough; it says right there in the information posted that the form is used to communicate between the different state agencies / courts and it communicates the outcome of your case "acquittal or conviction"; acquittal means you were found not guilty, conviction means you were found guilty. You were the one at your case, you spoke to the judge, you know what the original charges were, you know what the final charges were, you tell me what information should be communicated on the form.