What is a delinquency petition ? ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tucson, AZ

i got a letter in the mail with my attorneys information and it said she asked for a delinquency petition or something like that . . . what does it mean ? ? mi 17 years old and being charged with 2nd degree burglary and a felony . . but i said i wasn't guilty does that have something to do with it ? ? ? ?

1. David Kephart

4

Answered . I'd advise talking to your attorney.

2. Kaitlin Sofia Verdura

4

Answered . A delinquency petition are formal charges in juvenile court. You need to speak to your attorney and may want to consider retaining private counsel asap. At your age, you can very easily be charged as an adult. These are very serious charges and should be taken seriously. Good luck.

Kaitlin Verdura
    Verdura Law Group PLLC
    www.verduralaw.com
    650-421-0515

3. Jason R. Smith

2

Answered . A delinquency petition is a petition that is filed by the prosecuting attorney in cases where a child under 18 years of age commits a delinquent act.