What is a contested revocation hearing in Texas?

Asked about 2 years ago - San Angelo, TX

They filed a MOTION TO REVOKE PROBATION my sister plead guilty for FRAUD POSS CS/PRESCRIPTION SCH III/IV 3rd Degree Felony a year ago and got 5 years probation and 300 hours of community service it was her first offense, now they filed a motion to revoke her probation and has contested revocation hearing, What is going to happen? I think she has not been keeping up with some payments since they send her papers from the county clerks office collections all the time

1. Henry Curtis Paine Jr.

1

Answered . The judge has wide latitude in what the disposition will be. If the probation was for 5 years in prison probated for 5 years the Judge could sentence her to 5 years in prison.

He could also extend probation, give jail time as a condition of probation. The bottom line is, the Judge has complete discretion.

A contested revocation means that there is no agreed disposition of the case with the State.

THIS ANSWER DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE AND DOES NOT ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.