What is a Class 1 misdemeanor in NC?

Asked over 1 year ago - Warrenton, NC

With a clean record and this being my first offense. i communicated a threat over Facebook and charges were pressed against me. what happens now?

1. Laura Marie Cobb

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . A Class 1 misdemeanor just means that, depending on your criminal history level, you face up to 120 days in jail. If you have a clean record, this is something you do not want to plead to. There may be a deferred prosecution program available to get this charge dismissed.

Also, depending on the facts of your case, this can be a difficult case for the state to prove. If all that was communicated was over Facebook, there is a very decent chance you could win your case at trial. Again, this all depends on the facts of your case, and an experience criminal defense attorney should be able to help you with this charge.

2. Damon John Chetson

Answered . A Class 1 misdemeanor is a fairly high level misdemeanor that can be punished through court costs, fines, and/or probation. If you are a level 1, you would not be eligible for active time, unless you violated probation.