What is a 14th amendment citizen?

Pittsburgh, PA |

ive been researching many things about god given rights vs. congress given privileges and i am finding it exceedingly difficult to learn anything concrete (that doesnt have anything to do with racism or tax evasion) and didnt know where i could turn for information. i simply want to know that i have my rights

You need a law school professor not an immigration attorney.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

As Mr. Segal pointed out .. this is a Law School Professor type of question .... the subject of which would involve hundreds of pages and hours of in-class discussion.

Not so surprisingly Wikipedia has a fairly good overview:

If I was to boil it down to it's essence, I'd say that it corrected the Dred Scott case's determination that a man is property and that all people born in the us (and subject to the jurisdiction thereof) are US Citizens by right of Jus Soli (law of the land) in addition to the original Jus Sanguines (law of blood) basis for US Citizenship.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Sorry cannot help you. In any event, what legal issue do you have?

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights