What is a 'register of actions'? And how do I know if my Juvenile records are sealed/expunged?

Broomfield, CO |

I called Broomfield County Municipal Court to receive copies of my juvenile records and the clerk there told me I could get copies of my 'Register of Actions', what exactly is that? Does that give me information on the charge, the ruling, and what the charge was knocked down to after complying (completing community service I believe)? I vaguely remember the charges....

And how would I know if those records were sealed/expunged or not? Would they be on the 'Register of Actions' or do I request something like that separately for my Juvenile record in general...?

I am particularly looking for information on the charges, sentence/compliance, and information etc Would a 'Register of Actions' document include that?

The Register of Actions provides information of what occurred in your case throughout the Court proceedings. You have to actively expunge your records in a separate proceeding, it is not automatic at the end of a case. If your records were expunged the Court will not be able to provide you a Register of Actions. If the case wasn't expunged then you will be able to find out what the charges were and what happened.

2. Registers of Actions will show the charges, what were dismissed, what was pled to, and what the sentence ultimately was for the defendant. The Court can tell you if the records were expunged for a juvenile or not. Normally, you need to file a Motion for Expungement to get a case expunged.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

3. I agree with Mrs. McKedy. If you are not able to get the answer needed there are many attorney's on Avvo that would be able to help you.

4. The register of actions is the court record you are seeking. It will have all the information on the disposition of your case. The record of your case will not be sealed unless you filed a separate court action to have it sealed. If you do not file a court action to have it sealed, your record will remain.

THESE COMMENTS ARE ONLY GENERAL IN NATURE AND DO NOT CONSTITUTE IN ANY WAY AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. SHOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN LEGAL REPRESENTATION, THE LAW OFFICE OF JAMES F STANLEY PROVIDES FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION TO EVALUATE YOUR CASE. CALL 720-360-0529

Juvenile law topics