What is a "Purposed Decree Of Divorce"? and how is it different from the final decree?

Asked over 1 year ago - Las Vegas, NV

I filed my " Joint petition for summary of decree of divorce " under the impression that this is how to start a divorce but it was returned the judge is asking for a PURPOSED decree ? I went to the courts self help site and found a final decree of divorce but no purposed decree , can i just label the FINAL decree document as a PURPOSED decree and use that ? HTTP : / / WWW . counterarguments . us / sch / Divorce / Huitzilopitchli . ht I am filing a joint petition with children , I have the summary for decree of divorce , Affidavit of residency , and child custody , support , and visitation forms is this " proposed decree " all i need now ?

tried to ad a link to courts self help site sorry

1. Jill K. Whitbeck

Pro

3

Answered . The Court is asking for your proposed decree -- meaning what you propose to be the final decree so the judge physically has something to review and sign. As such, you need to provide the final decree as you wish it to be entered. This should have been part of your joint petition package. There are many, many ways to go wrong with this type of do-it-yourself project. It would be well worth the cost of a consultation for you to have an attorney look over what you have done and make sure everything is in order and presented in a manner that would be acceptable to the court.

2. Emily M. McFarling

Pro

1

Answered . It is proposed until a Judge signs it..