What is a 'Native American passport' and how is one obtained?

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

My husband is Bahamian(currently residing in Bahamas) and he was told he could acquire a U.S. passport as a Native American because Bahamians are recognized as Indian(native american).

1. Jesus Novo III

1

Best Answer

Answered . Not sure Bahamians are recognized as native Americans, however I doubt very much they are. But even if they were, the issue of native American nations passport is a thorny one; look what happened to the Iroquois national lacrosse team..

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . You got that wrong, am afraid. The "Bahamians" are the wrong kind of "Indians" and not "Native Americans" for the purpose of that law. Check again please.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . You were told wrong.