What is a "letter for the file" in a divorce case?

i'm the respondent in a pro se divorce proceeding. the "letter for the file" is the fourth document to be listed after: 1. $file 2. Petition 3. Answer

College Station, TX -

William Tyler Moore Jr

William Tyler Moore Jr

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Houston, TX

Go to the clerk's office. Read the file. See what the letter is.

Brian Michael Andrade

Brian Michael Andrade

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Plano, TX

I agree with the other attorney. You need to review the document to know what it is. Go to the clerks office and review the file, they will usually make a copy of the document for you for a small fee.

JaPaula C Kemp

JaPaula C Kemp

Family Law Attorney - Houston, TX

I agree with the other lawyers comments here. Also, it would be helpful to know who told you that you needed a letter for the file. Was it the clerk? or are you trying to follow written directions of someone? If your spouse has a lawyer, I am sure he/she might even be of assistance. I would need more information to answer your question.