What is the best way (forms and procedures) to go to get my husband back to America? Deported in 1996 and came back.

Grandview, MO |

He worked with a lawyer that said he could get a TPS. So he started the process with the lawyer. Told immigration where he worked, gave them his address, and went down to give his fingerprints. About a year later immigration picked him up at his job. My husband had no chance of getting a TPS, but did what the lawyer told him to do. Thank You for your time.

He is from Honduras.

Your husband may be under the "permanent bar" if he returned to the U.S. unlawfully after being deported. Of course, the dates when these event occurred matter a lot. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

All this took place in 1996. Thank You Mr. Shusterman for your time and fast response.

Im sorry he was deported in 1996 and came back in 1996, does this make a difference? I know that there is a section that talks about the yr. 1996.

Ashkan Emami

Ashkan Emami

Good answer

It truly saddens me to hear stories like this. Your husband left over ten years ago. If he is still in Honduras you might be able to petition him. If he re-entered the US illegally after being deported, this changes things.

I suggest that you contact an attorney to discuss your options.

Yes it is really sad. All this happened in 1996. Thank you for your response.

Practically none unless they change the law.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

I know it is a tough case, thats why I need any and every stratigies I can get my hands on. Thank you so much for your fast response.

Meet with an attorney. Take all of your husband's immigration related paperwork to the meeting.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Thank you for your fast response. I will seek an attorney. Do you think it should be one that only does 601s or what?

File a grievance against the attorney. Far to many immigrants get taken advantage of because attorneys know immigrants dontvwant to cause ripples that turn unto waves.

MEDINA LAW GROUP PC: EXPERIENCED TEXAS IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS. email: cindy@medinalg.com; Phone: (210) 821-4500; Fax: 210-821-4500; 1802 NE Loop 410, Ste 104, San Antonio, Tx 78217. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. Furthermore, the content of this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. I apologize in advance for any spelling or typographical errors. MEDINA LAW GROUP PC.