What is "Pretrial Conference"? +++ Lawyers! You Will Get My Vote If You Help me Out!!! +++

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I have a Civil case.
The defendant's lawyer filed Notice of Motion for Formal Complaint, but they didn't show and the motion was denied.
Now I have a Pretrial Conference.
That doesn't sound like a trial to me.
What is it?

1. Edwin Drantivy

3

1

Answered . A pretrial conference is where the judge/parties set the trial date and the final schedule of deadlines. It follows the discovery stage.

Tread carefully in attempting to litigate your own case without an attorney. It would be wise to consult with an attorney in a confidential forum at some point prior to trial.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

3

1

Answered . A pre-trial conference is usually to discuss possible settlement. If you have not done discovery the court may set up a discovery schedule.