What is cumulative physical five years for CRBA

I M a us citizen and i apply for my doughter. she born in india and when i apply for her they need '''''cumulative five year presence in usa ''''' can u plz give me write answer'''

Havertown, PA -

Find Out More

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

I agree with my colleague.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic or In-Person
https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

Adam Edward Rothwell

Adam Edward Rothwell

Immigration Attorney - Baltimore, MD

Thank you for your inquiry. Requirements of presence in the United States are just as they sound- Requirements of physical time spent within the confines of the United States.

Proving physical presence often comes down to producing subjective evidence. Certain documents such as proof of schooling in the US, employment in the US , US leases and US based addresses on tax returns are generally considered strong evidence. Affidavits from relatives and/or close friends affirming an indvidual resided in the US at specified addresses are also often considered valuable. I generally recommend accumulating as much evidentiary proof as possible that affirms physical presence in the US, just in case additional documentation is requested.

Mark Albert Bissada

Mark Albert Bissada

Immigration Attorney - Austin, TX

In order for your child to acquire US citizenship, you must be able to show that you were physically present in the US as a US citizen for at least 5 years, 2 of which are after the age of 14.

You can provide tax returns, lease/or mortgage payments, school records, employment records, tax returns, affidavits from friend, family, neighbors, employers, etc., as proof to establishing the physical presence requirements.