What is "class of admission" for I-131 form for a person who entered the US with a Authorization for Parole Document (I-512L)?

Asked almost 2 years ago - New York, NY

I have a pending AoS for many years now and have last entered the US on the basis of my I-512L form (Authorization for Parole of an Alien Into the United States). Now I am filing an I-131 to obtain a renewal for my travel document and was wondering what the accurate "class of admission" would be.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you are using I-131 to apply for Advance Parole since your aren't yet a permanent resident, Class of Admission is asking for your non-immigrant visa you last used to enter the U.S. This is usually, but not always, a two-letter code you get at the port of entry, such as F1, B2, H1, TN, etc.

    If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for... more
  2. Answered . You would be well-served to discuss your dilemma with a New York criminal defense attorney in a confidential forum as soon as possible.

Related Topics

Employment Authorization Document

An Employment Authorization Document will allow you to work in the United States while your immigration application is pending.

Robert Kennedy O'Reilly

Renew your DACA Status

On June 5, 2014, the USCIS announced the procedure for persons who previously were approved for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). At Ademi & O'Reilly, LLP, we suggest that you... more

Parole for criminal conviction

Parole is the release of a person from prison before the sentence is finished. Parole is conditional on your adherence to certain rules, similar to probation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,757 answers this week

3,624 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,757 answers this week

3,624 attorneys answering