What information to bring for divorce consultation ?

Melbourne, FL |
Filed under: Divorce

What kind of information and paperwork should I bring to a free divorce consultation with a lawyer?

1. Avvo Email

I usually ask for the date of marriage, the number and ages of the
    children, the employment status and history and incomes of the two parties,
    and what major debts assets they may have.

*

2. Call the office and see if they have an intake form you can fill out before going. The intake form will guide you in the information the attorney will need or you can simply ask the attorney what information they will want from you.

JMP Law, P.A.
    Juna M. Pulayya
    www.jmplawyer.com
    junior@jmplawyer.com

Legal disclaimer: This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should not use, interpret, or rely on this response as legal advice or opinion. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about my qualifications and experience. Transmission of the information in this web site is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

3. 1. Knowing your assets and liabilities is a start. Make sure you have copies of financial statements (savings, checking, investments, credit cards, etc.). Have copies of important documents, payroll records, insurance, etc.
    2. Determining your monthly expenses (household, children, auto, etc.)
    3. Evidence of any issues that are significant to your divorce (domestic violence, child related issues, criminal history, etc.)

Legal disclaimer: I'm only licensed in FL. Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.