What information is actionable for defamation, libel and or slander

Detroit, MI |

I went through a divorce after 24 years of marriage and my ex husbands attorney told my attorney in writing to tell me to stop telling the children that their father is having an affair because he isn't. Amoung other things they accused me of alot without any evidence. This was extremely hurtful cause my kids 15-24 years old are upset that their dad would say such things. could this attorney be sued for slander or anything. I understand all court records are open to the public and this is wrong. My attorney and i said nothing neg. about the father. so please help.tHE DIVORCE WAS IN FLORIDA AND I AND THE KIDS NOW RESIDE IN OHIO.
thanx diane

1. Allegations made in connection with legal proceedings are generally not actionable for defamation nor related causes of action. Furthermore, any further litigation arising out of or connected with your divorce would likely only exacerbate your family relations which would already appear to be in a disconsolate state from your description of matters.

Better forget it and move on (as the happy crowd would be wont to say).