What information are DUI schools limited to releasing under the provisions of Federal Law?

Irvine, CA |

The confidentiality statement on my DUI school enrollment indicates that they can only release records obtained in the course of my participation with the DUI school for the purpose of confirming compliance with the state and courts.

If a legal entity (ie, DA, judge, etc...) uses a court order to obtain my records from a DUI school, is the DUI school limited in the amount of information they can release? Can the DUI school release documents I volunteered in addition to those required if they are not necessary to confirm compliance with the state and court?

I have see classes release ALL information provided to the program. Under certain circumstances the schools will hand over the entire file to the D.A. or a Judge.

Of course, every DUI case is different and you should consult an experienced DUI defense attorney in your area with questions regarding your specific case. It is always in your best interest to have a good DUI attorney represent you when you have been arrested for a DUI.

There is no federal law limiting the information that could be released by a DUI school.

There only limitation is the information that you provide them; limit that and you will rest easier.

Education law topics