What in the world is "disturbing a train bed" and how do you receive such a charge?

Eugene, OR |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I was told it is a felony charge. I was just curious as to how in the world you "disturb a train bed". Thank you.

In general, it has to due with leaving a vehicle on train tracks. This is typically accompanied by a drunk driving charge. Most people who are not intoxicated will not leave a vehicle on train tracks. It is a felony and therefore, very serious. you should retain a local attorney.

If you found this Answer helpful, please mark it as "Best Answer". Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Peter J. Lamont, Esq. Law Offices of Peter J. Lamont 623 Lafayette Avenue, Suite 2, Hawthorne, NJ 07506 Phone: (973) 949-3770 Fax: (866) 603-0471 Toll Free: (855) NJLAW01 (855) 655-2901 www.peterlamontesq.com Additional Offices in New York, Monument, CO, San Juan, PR and affiliates throughout the country. PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and the receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between sender and receiver. You should not act or rely on any information contained on this site without first seeking the advice of an attorney.

Potentially you are actually charged with criminal mischief in the 1st degree which is a class C felony. You need to contact an attorney right away.

This answer does not constitute an attorney client relationship. I am not your attorney. Don't forget to mark as helpful or good/best answer.

Heh, it's essentially driving your car onto train tracks, getting stuck, and abandoning the car on the tracks. You can imagine that the hazard could cause horrific damage when an oncoming train cannot stop in time.

Oregon does not have an offense entitled "Disturbing a Train Bed." Some states do.

But that does not mean the same action cannot be charged as something else, and there are felony property offenses on the books with which someone who leaves a car on train tracks can be charged.

If you are in this situation, you need to find an attorney immediately!

Dear Asker: This answer is not legal advice, and I am not your attorney. But if you want me to be, I'm a phone call away: (503) 227-0965.