What in the world is "disturbing a train bed" and how do you receive such a charge?

Asked 12 months ago - Eugene, OR

I was told it is a felony charge. I was just curious as to how in the world you "disturb a train bed". Thank you.

1. Clayton Tullos

Pro

5

Answered . Potentially you are actually charged with criminal mischief in the 1st degree which is a class C felony. You need to contact an attorney right away.

2. Karen J Mockrin

Pro

3

Answered . Heh, it's essentially driving your car onto train tracks, getting stuck, and abandoning the car on the tracks. You can imagine that the hazard could cause horrific damage when an oncoming train cannot stop in time.

Oregon does not have an offense entitled "Disturbing a Train Bed." Some states do.

But that does not mean the same action cannot be charged as something else, and there are felony property offenses on the books with which someone who leaves a car on train tracks can be charged.

If you are in this situation, you need to find an attorney immediately!

3. Peter Joseph Lamont

Pro

4

Answered . In general, it has to due with leaving a vehicle on train tracks. This is typically accompanied by a drunk driving charge. Most people who are not intoxicated will not leave a vehicle on train tracks. It is a felony and therefore, very serious. you should retain a local attorney.