What impact does Americans With Disabilities Act have on Timeshares to accommodate ADA?

Little Rock, AR |

After joining an international and local timeshare resort--the member became disabled. Upon calling the main coordination for global travel to ask for guidelines--there were none. Then upon attempting to make reservervations for available units the resort claimed "we don't know until you arrive." Yet they had the unit available and offering it for two months.

Are you employed by the timeshare resort? If not, then your issue may still be covered under the public accommodations section. You may want to change the main practice area designation to disability discrimination. Good luck.

My answers to questions posted on AVVO are intended to provide general information only, and are not intended to be legal advice. Employment law issues typically require a careful case-by-case analysis. Consequently, if you feel that you need legal advice, I would encourage you to consult in person with an employment attorney in your area.