What immigration forms do i need to petition for my wife?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Jersey City, NJ

Me and my wife got married last Nov. 10, 2009 here in Jersey City. I am a US citizen and I need to petition my wife but since this is the first time I'm going to do this, I don't have any idea what are those procedures or requirements that is necessarily for my wife..

1. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

Answered . You can contact the uscis.gov for adjustment package.

This package contains all the information you need to file for your wife.

You are also welcome to contact me to discuss your case if you wish to or are not familiar with the process.

Goodluck.

2. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Pro

Answered . One minor point, the filing fees and expenses can cost nearly as much as the attorney's fees in some situations. That means that if denied due to a minor error, you can end up spending much more to hire an attorney the second time around.

In some situations, an applicant can be disqualified for reasons that do not involve criminal activity. A denied applicant may be referred to immigration court for deportation, where they are out of status or a visa overstay at that time.

Since you are in New Jersey, you may want to find a local experienced immigration and visa attorney who can help you with this matter. A local attorney will probably attend the interview. However, the attorney may encourage you to avoid filing in some situations, where the attorney has enough time to carefully review the situation and discuss lawful visa options.

The above is general information and does not create an attorney client relationship.