What if your not sure your a beneficiary of the CD's that are transferable on death, do I still contact the bank?

Asked over 1 year ago - Cleveland, OH

When someone is a beneficiary of CD's, & they are transferable upon death when is the person notified & how long does it take to find out, that you were the recipient (my original question)

1. Celia R Reed

1

1

Answered . Unless you notify the financial institution of the decedent's death, it will not take any action to locate the beneficiary, so you need to be proactive or you will wait a long time. If you are not the beneficiary, it will not release any information to you, so then you'll know.

2. James P. Frederick

1

Answered . I believe you have already asked this question. There is no disadvantage to asking the bank. If you are not the beneficiary, they will not give you any information. If you ARE the beneficiary, then they will give you instructions on claiming the CD.

James Frederick