What if your landlord lost the house your renting threw taxes and the new owner is ready for you to get out What can you do

Florence, SC |

Well me and my family are renting a mobile home from a self owned company and Just as of last week a man came to our home and informed us that he is the new owner of our rental property he brought it threw a tax sale And he is planning on moving the mobile home by the 31st of this month So after trying to get in touch with our landlord who is still giving us a run around about a place to stay I would like to know what i could do about this

A few things.... PLEASE STOP PAYING THE LANDLORD RENT! Clearly if and when any lawsuit occurs the judge is going to deem the owner at fault and why he was not paying his tax. Next you will have a lawsuit called an Unlawful Detainer filed by the new owner. One you are served with the lawsuit you generally have 5 days to answer the lawsuit. Time is of the essence... then since you are a tenant make sure it is noted and the judge knows. You are allotted a much longer period of time to evict the property.