What if you have a felony e bench warrant in SC but want to get a ID card from the DMV in Texas,can I do it?

Ganado, TX |

I have a felony e warrant is SC for receiving goods under false pretense of $141.00 the guy says but I went to Texas for good.Can I get a ID from the DMV without being arrested or it being in there system. It's not a serious felony from what my lawyer tells me that over time it want be as bad.

I want to get this taken care of but need to make money first. If I get a new ID will the DMV know if I have a warrant or not? The aswers I'm getting are not really telling me if I go in to the DMV to get another ID if they will know if I have a warrant or not in there system?

1. If it is a felony warrant, most likely you will be arrested and held for possible extradition.

Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or even will represent the client. Responses to questions are provided and based upon the facts as stated in the question. While attorneys attempt to make a complete and accurate response, there is no guaranty or warranty that the response is correct. You are encouraged to seek qualified counsel, licensed in the state(s) which have jurisdiction over the matters for advice. You are also encouraged to be careful as to your postings as the postings are not confidential.

2. If you have an open warrant there is a chance that you will be arrested. You may wish to consult an attorney who is familiar with this process. They may be able to contact SC to get more information for you. Also, the fact that there is a warrant is not the end of the process. SC has to choose to extradite you from Texas. An attorney can help you look into this too. But this want prevent you from being arrested.

Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. Legal advice has not been given. Also, this question and answer is posted on a public forum and therefore any attorney-privilege is waived.

3. Yes DPS will see the warrant and yes they will probably arrest you.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.