What if you cant afford to pay a ticket?my dtr has received 3 speeding tickets and fta in court. what can she do?does she need a

Asked over 5 years ago - Shepherdsville, KY

does she need a lawyer? she cant afford one.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. E. Brian Davis

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . 1. Make sure your daughter goes to court on the day when her payments were due. That is the day she can explain to the judge why she has not paid.
    2. When she talks to the judge, or better still, when she calls the County Attorney's office tomorrow, she can ask about doing community service instead of paying the fines and costs. There is such a program in Jefferson County and defendants are credited for $5 for every hour worked at one of the "approved" community service locations. Bullitt County should also have such a program.

  2. Craig A. Epifanio

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Your daughter should go to court and ask the judge if she can do a payment plan or do community service in lieu of fines. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,484 answers this week

3,137 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,484 answers this week

3,137 attorneys answering