What if they did not read my Miranda rights and did not put it in tha police report?

Santa Clara, CA |

can police put evidience in which they are trying to convict you with on u to identify u in a line up?and on police report they did not read Miranda rights only to the other person.

1. It would behoove you to sit down with an experienced defense attorney and the discovery to fully address this issue.

Please feel free to call Attorney Peter Blair for a FREE consultation. (619) 525-7005. Law Office of Vikas Bajaj, APC, specializing in Southern California Criminal Defense.

2. I agree with my colleague, your first order of business is to get a consultation with a local criminal attorney. There numerous potential problems with lineups and police often violate the accused rights when conducting them. Lineups are often unduly suggestive or improperly conducted. As for Miranda, there are very specific requirements law enforcement must adhere to in interrogating someone in custody. I am local and offer a free consultation: 408.313.5607 Good luck.

3. Lineups & even Miranda Rights are very fact driven & require a legal professional to trace the exact steps leading up to & including lineups & if interrogation took place while in custody. Consult a local criminal attorney ASAP - many offer free consultations.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

4. Unlike television, the cops don't have to read you your Miranda rights unless you are in custody. And yes a lineup can be used to convict you but lineups are notoriously problemtaic and can be challenged.

The information and legal suggestions made herein do not in any way create an attorney-client relationship. The responses provided herein discuss general principles of law and should not be relied upon by the asker in making legal decisions. Only an attorney who has met with the asker and fully reviewed the facts and circumstances of the asker's individual case should be relied upon for legal advice. If you find my suggestions helpful, please mark the appropriate box as helpful.

Civil rights topics