What if there was more than one person involved in the same crime? If one person already went to court for that charge?

Asked about 1 year ago - Tucson, AZ

I know a person that got charged for a felony but there was more peolpe involved.

1. David Kephart

2

Answered . Arizona law allows the government to prosecute all individuals involved or only one of the individuals. A prosecution against one person does not require the government to prosecute anyone else and a conviction against one defendant can occur even if the other individuals have been found not guilty.

Now, say you are the person charged with a crime and you know others are involved but the government does not. You can use this to your advantage and try to work a "snitch" deal, but most reputable defense attorneys will not assist a client in snitching on other individuals.

2. Michael R Crosner

Answered . Prosecutors can decide who to charge after a review of the case facts