What if the marriage date on divorce papers is wrong?

Asked over 4 years ago - Show Low, AZ

need to know

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Richard Albert Cruz

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Have your attorney (or yourself) file a Notice of Errata amendment to correct the marriage date; attached a copy of the marriage certificate to prove the correct date. A Notice of Errata allows one to correct errors “inadvertently” stated in a previously filed document. If your relationship with your ex is in good standing, ask her to sign it as well. The title can then read “Unopposed Notice of Errata”. This helps the judge grant the change.

    Contact a lawyer for more details- most offer free consultations. Good luck.

    Richard A. Cruz, Esq.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,184 answers this week

2,914 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,184 answers this week

2,914 attorneys answering