Skip to main content

What if the baby mom send a e-mail saying she doesn't want child support from the father, can she still get the child support???

Romeoville, IL |

This was a one night stand and after the baby is 6 months old, she tells me that I might be the father but also say that she doesn't want child support from me. Now she sends this thru e-mail can she change her mind and get the support??

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Child support generally cannot be waived. The right to support from both parents belongs to the child, not to the custodial parent.