Skip to main content

What if the absent parent filed ex parte in a modification for child support hearing?

Rancho Cordova, CA |

There is a child support hearing scheduled for 05/03/10. Father has not seen the child in over 2 yrs. I find out yesterday from his attorney that he has filed an ex parte for visitation and court is on 04/08/10. Should I go to court?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


The hearing will undoubtedly have been held by the time you read this, but yes you should appear to have your views heard. A court is unlikely to make ac decision on an ex parte basis regarding visitation as the Family Code requires a mediation in Family Court Services before a judge can rule on custody issues. See my guide to navigating the FCS mediation process -

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer